Saturday, 20 September 2014

Positivity

J

Last week I had a work meeting about the Elephant in the Room campaign which if you have some time check it out at www.mooddisorderscanada.com , but afterwards a colleague and I were just catching up and he said to me how do you stay so positive? Well that is a good question especially these last two years. We have had a lot of family stuff go on. In fact the last 24 years have had there ups and downs. 

So I looked at him and said you know that is a good question and I have two answers. The first is that I don't like who I am when I become a negative based person, and trust me I have been there and it is easy to go there. The second is that life is too short not to look for the positive in life. It doesn't come easy or quickly and it is something that I need to work at, but I love who I am when I work at it and I find that good things happen when I am positive. 

I think that positivity ties in to being a forgiving person, you need to be able to forgive yourself and others. It doesn't mean that you forget just that you will not allow the negative to rule your life. 

I work daily on being a positive person and trying to find something good in each day. I strongly believe that HAPPINESS is the key to a good life. I try to be happy everyday and do good things for myself and others in my life. The other thing that I have embraced is MINDFULLNESS each day I take moments to be thankful for what I have, what I do, and the wonderful people in my life. I believe in God or have faith, how ever you would like to take that works for me. :) but I do ask for help in being a patient, kind, resilent, loving person. I also ask for skills that will allow me to succeed at work and in daily life. I am thankful for the good in my life, I feel truly blessed. I do have days that do not go well but I try to not carry them forward into tomorrow except to find the positives that did occur. 

I am also trying to embrace a better connection to nature. There is so much support for this but I have seen this first hand, when I go for s walk in the woods how much calmer I feel and how the stress seems to float away and I can clear my mind of all the clutter and flutter. I also use a childhood memory of walking through the woods to my special place as a meditation vision when I need to clear my mind but can't get out in nature. 

So how do I stay positive, well it is a combination of these things, the love of my family and friends and a lot of hard work. But in the end I like who I am much better when I am positive then when I am negative! 


No comments:

Post a Comment