When I saw this post I thought absolutely especially the laugh lots! It is just too easy to get caught up in our daily routines and forget to find the happy good things in life. I know this from personal experience, I would get caught up in always wanting more or feeling that I needed to do more. I finally realized that I needed a motto, so I have tried a few out but the one I like best is "Be Happy and Do Good Things" although I still like the "I am a Princess so no one should ever say No to me" LOL
It is so easy to be pulled into a negative spiral when you feel that things are not going well, and we all know that we don't have days where everyone giggles and farts rainbows but we can decide on how we deal with our daily crap and whether it owns us or we own it. Ya I know so easy to say and not so easy to do, I am right there with you. I find it a constant struggle to be happy and find the positive, but I decided that when it comes down to the last day I want to be able to say I had a good life filled with happiness, love and amazing people. I don't want to give anymore time to people who have had a negative impact on my life or situations that did then they deserve. If you let those moments define you then they have won.
I try to learn from yesterday, embrace today and plan positively for tomorrow. There are no givens in life but what we bring to our table. We never know the story behind someones smile or frown. Now I am not saying that I am perfect, ha far from it, but I don't like the way I am when I am a negative person or how that affects the loved ones in my life! God Bless my hubby and boys for putting up with me for all of these years. I truly am easy to get along with as long as things go my way, now you see why I still like the I am a Princess motto!~ LMAO
I also don't agree with the you have to love yourself before other people can love you! What a load of crap!! Loving and liking yourself are very important, but people are not stupid they will see the value of who you are, give them a chance to show you what you have been missing. There is also nothing wrong with friends coming and going in your life. Some people are in your life for a season, a reason or a lifetime. It is what life is about for me. If you are lucky people will return, for instance I have in the last five years reconnected with my elementary and high school friends. We plan a get together once a year and it is great fun to catch up and reminisce about the years that only passed a short time ago. While I do believe that we do not have to like everyone we meet and become fast friends, I do believe that we have more in common with people than we realize. It is ok not to always agree, it is ok to decide that a friendship or relationship is toxic and to move on. But how you do it is important to you and how you move on!
There is just so much anger, negativity and angst through out the world and we seem to thrive on seeing in broadcast in full gory detail. It isn't though I want to hide my head in the sand, although I do have days where I just shut it all out. But we also need to celebrate all of the good that is in our lives and world.
Hence why I embraced the motto of "Be Happy and Do Good Things" start with your self and it will spread.

No comments:
Post a Comment