Thursday, 17 July 2014

My First Post



Wow well where does one start with a Blog? I guess you just start lol. I asked my friends if they thought I should go with specific themes or just what inspires me and the consensus was go with what inspires me. Hence the name of The Teeter Totter of Life Full of Ups and Downs. I know my life has been just like that.

Ok well I guess I should give a bit of a introduction as to who I am. My name is Suzanne Rivard, I was born in Kingston Ontario and was raised in Elgin Ontario. I have been married for 25 years to an amazing loving and caring man and we have three children, Mathew, Jesse and Evan. Mathew would of been 24 this year in November, Jesse is 22 and Evan just turned 18. I currently work in a profession that I love and excel at, I am a health promotion specialist. Which means that I love to tell people what to do! ;) Really though what I am currently working on is getting kids actively moving to school once again by walking or cycling to school. I also love to promote a healthy lifestyle from tip to toe! mental health is extremely important as is physical activity and healthy eating although I will be upfront and state that I am much better at preaching than practicing but I am constantly working on that.


Today a good friend and work colleague lost his Mother to extremely fast moving cancer. It is times like this that make me question life and I guess would be one of the downs on the teeter totter of life and for him one of the big bumps. I can totally relate to what he is going through in some respects as it has only be just over four months since I said goodbye to my own Dad and it will be two years this August since I said goodbye to my Brother David. But death is something that we all experience in such a unique way depending on our relationships and our own makeup. I had such a hard time with David's passing, it was so sudden and I had so much anger, with Dad it was totally different, I was able to spend some time with him the weeks before he died. Ok so I know that many of you will think that I have lost all good sense here, but I do firmly believe that we will be once again together with our loved  ones. This is one way that I console myself in knowing that they are not gone completely but just gone from our sight. I regularly feel that they are both with me.

I guess what I am saying is that I have found that I am a spiritual person and strongly believe in a higher being. I believe in the good in life and that we will reap what we sow.

I had intended to start my blog on a lighter note but this is what ended up coming out tonight. And I guess that fits my tittle to a tee.

Well I think that is all for today! I hope you enjoy what I had to share and will continue to read along my ups and downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment